Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Br, Ch, and Chunky Cabled Hat

Hello all! I'm being a very good little blogger so far, aren't I? Two posts in 4 days? Be proud! I did lots o' knitting over the winter break, but never blogged about them. (Mostly because I did not have said blog.)


So, here is what I have: One half of a Brea bag (thus the creative name "Br" hardeeharhar), One sleeve of a Cherie Amour (Ch? Catching the pattern yet?), and a finished Asymmetrical Cable Hat.

So, here's my Br on its blocking pedestal a.k.a. the ironing board. I used Paton's Shetland Chunky Tweed and size 9 29" circs, because 126 stitches on straights made my wrists hurt just thinking about it. I had massive ladders on a few of the ribs attached to the cables, so I whipstitched them closed. I don't think it's very noticeable. Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about this pattern in this yarn. Ah well, it was for stash busting purposes anyway. Pattern from Berocco.com.


Now I just have to knit the other side and the dreaded moss stitch gusset...Wish me luck!



Here's my Cherie Amour sleeve, or Ch. It's handpaintedyarn.com Merino Bulky. I'm so excited to finish this sweater! The yarn is heavenly, and I have some jeans I think will look great. Oh yeah, this was knitted with size 8 and 13 circs. 24" Pattern from knitty.com.

And here's an actual FO. It's the Asymmetrical Cable Hat from One Skein. Loved, loved, this pattern and love, love, LOVE the FO. It's knit with Bernat Alpaca on size 11 circs, 16". I knit the child size, and it's still slightly big on me. My first finished knit hat. I'm very pleased.

Yours,

Unicorn

P.S. Yes, I am aware that all of these objects were knit in blue yarn. That's about all I have in my stash as well. Probably time for more yarn...;)


No comments: